Alias or RedirectMatch in Apache

Hunter Heinlen wrote:
> RedirectMatch service\.server\.somewhere\.com(.*)$
> https://service.server.somewhere.com
>
> Are there any Apache guru around that can give pointers to what I'm
> missing?  Please let me know, TIA, and I will owe you one.

I'm not really clear on what it is you are trying to do, but this is how
you redirect all non-https to https:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !443
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
RewriteRule .* - [F]

 From your email, you seem to say you want to redirect traffic from port
80 to port 8080, but then you give an example URL that indicates that
you want https without port 8080, which would be port 443. Anyway, you
should be able to work out what you want from the above example.
Grant M.
--
Grant Mongardi
Senior Systems Engineer