32- or 64-bit OS for AMD64 Mythtv

Jarod Wilson wrote:

> My frontend (i686), backend (x86_64), laptop (ppc), mail/web server (x86_64)
> and workstation (x86_64) have all been running the F7 development tree stuff
> for a few months now, with very few ill effects. I do plan to flip them over
> to F7-final rather than continuing to track devel (at least for the first few
> weeks after release, since rawhide tends to get more explodey during that
> time frame). We can compare notes. :)

Do you know what's involved in switching from F7-testN to F7-final?  I
just got my new laptop yesterday[0].  I'm under a bit of pressure to
switch over to the new laptop[1], but I've been holding off until F7 is
out.  I've always had bad luck upgrading from one OS release to another.
 I always do a fresh install.  If it's easy to switch, though, maybe it
would be worth a try.

[0] Lenovo Thinkpad T60p 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
ATI Mobility Fire GL V5250 256MB
2GB RAM, 160GB hard drive
ThinkPad 11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter

[1] My daughter is getting my old laptop (Thinkpad T42) to replace her
laughably inadequate Celeron 466 FrankenBox.

believed to be clean.