From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
Of Derek Atkins
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 4:58 PM
To: Dan Ritter
Cc: dsr-copies-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org; discuss-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Testing a bad mobo/CPU/power-supply?

Quoting Dan Ritter <dsr-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org>:

> On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 03:41:50PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Dan (and anyone else..)
>>
>> Dan Ritter <dsr-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org> writes:
>>
>> > I've seen this with bad power supplies. One rail is working
>> > (enough to turn on the mobo light) but not the other.
>> >
>> > If you have a voltmeter to hand, checking +/- 5V and 12V output
>> > ought to show the problem.
>>
>> Okay, I've now got the CPU fan working and the "power" led comes
>> up..  But I dont get any video.   I've tried two different
>> power supplies and both exhibit the same problem:  I push the
>> power button, the CPU fan turns on, the power LED comes on, and
>> then... nothing.
>
> Now you're describing a system with no RAM. Is it properly
> seated? Right kind?

Yes..  And Yes.   There appears to be a small percentage of these mobo's
(according to reviews on NewEgg) that arrive DOA with no post beep or
anything.  I'm worried that I might be one of them, which means I have
to wait until next week to deal with this.  :(

> -dsr-

-derek

       warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org                        PGP key available

believed to be clean.