[Ubuntu] Streaming live audio to Internet?

	I'm not sure I completely understand your problem, but AFAIK you
cannot record from a specific input of the (built-in=cheap) sound card, you
can just set which inputs will be recorded and then just read from the
sound card (/dev/dsp for example).
	You can select the inputs easily with any mixer app, like
amixer, aumix, alsamixer, kmix, etc. So in your case you would select
only the mic to be recorded.
	 For example, with kmix you can clearly see there are two
sliders and two button for mic playing and recording, in my case with
a emu10k card. You will probably need to set/enable the global input
recording settings too.

					Nuno

--
http://aeminium.org/slug
D30B 54C0 40A7 7D61 C44F  4BA4 F071 2168 F494 ACB9

believed to be clean.