minor geek heaven

On 5/22/07, eric <eric-yrHdaQSNc4gdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> mmmnnn...  dead silence concerning a site to list torrents for
> instructional free software videos?  oh well, i'm going to do it anyway,
> another website only my mom and i will visit.

I just read your original post, having worked all day etc. so this is
the time that I read the list.  Others no doubt operate in the same
scenario and so that might account for the lack of immediate response.

However, perhaps more critical is that I didn't quite gather from your
OP exactly what you were saying, proposing, or asking.  It sounded to
me like "I'm pretty jazzed that I wrote some free software".  While
that is cool and great, not too many people are going to reply:
Congratulations. I only know Bittorrent as a distribution method and
use it whenever available.  But since I don't setup torrents I don't
know the details or significance of what you did as a module for
punbb.  I also don't know what punbb is.  So, although I can't speak
for anyone but me, I'm at least trying to answer your question of "Why
is nobody answering?"

>From your second post, it now seems clear to me that what you would
like to do is setup a website that hosts and shares instructional
videos for FLOSS software.  That sounds like a good idea and at least
the posters of these videos would agree with you.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=linux+guide