mp-bios bug 8254 timer not connected

Kristian Hermansen wrote:
> On 5/27/07, eric <eric-yrHdaQSNc4gdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> ah, no luck.  new error messages stream by faster than my short term
>> memory challenged brain can handle.  the end result is no usb.  crap.
>
> Does it affect operation if you use no kernel options?  I would think
> that the message you saw was just a warning that the kernel worked
> around...

everything seemed to be functioning properly other than the error
"mp-bios bug 8254 timer not connected".  so i ignored it at first
thinking i'll get back to it later.  then...

i install azureus.  my machine goes crash happy.  keeps freezing up.  so
i peak in /var/log/messages and it's a bit over my head.  so i was
thinking to just go through and stomp out every problem along with
azureus acting up.  (something fun to do on the long weekend)  i merely
picked the bios error because that's the first thing i see when i start
the machine.  after that bios error i'm also getting another error that
has just started with the latest kernel update "udevd[479] add to rules
unknown key...".  i was going to fiddle with that one next.  it's not
that important, just me screwing around.

if you think that this is a message that can be ignored and is not
effecting other apps i'll move on.  thanks for any tips.  - eric c.

believed to be clean.