Recommended high-speed Internet providers (was about Galaxy)

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, David Kramer wrote:

> Chadwick wrote:
>
>> Hmm..  maybe Verizon doesn't own everything after all.  Is it possible
>> that Speakeasy is using someone else for demarcation?  Or is it
>> possible that Verizon is too lazy to do IDSL or something of that ilk,
>> but Speakeasy is more than happy to? . .?
>
> The hat trick is SpeakEasy, Covad, and Verizon.  It takes all three to
> make it happen.

Since we hate top-posting, my message starts here ;-)

I've changed the subject line (obviously).  I asked about Galaxy and we
got some great responses here.  Speakeasy has also received many high
ratings, though now bought by Best Buy and dslreports has many good
reviews of them until a few years ago...

I'd now like to expand the question to get feedback from other recommended
residential providers - those, like speakeasy, that allow servers, offer
static ips, and possibly have competent customer support, all at a
reasonable cost, with the delivery methods being dsl, cable, fiber, or
something else, like bpl (broadband over power lines).

Maybe we'll learn something.  Strict hypothetical examples - maybe we'll
learn that Comcast, Verizon, and/or RCN also allow residential static IPs
(and thus servers) if one pays more or asks for it...

Let's see where this leads.

Thanks.

Scott

believed to be clean.