Recommended high-speed Internet providers (was about Galaxy)

i'm currently using speakeasy because people on this
list have said good things about them.  my experience
so far has been:
- friendly customer service, though i haven't asked
them anything hard.
- more expensive than other options. also a large
upfront cost compared to comcast / verizon.
- static ip is nice.  i don't have to use dyndns type
service anymore. (but those guys r cool)
- my bittorrent is blazingly fast!!!  (and i don't
have to sneak around any type of throttling or closed
ports)
- figuring out how to get my $99 rebate for the modem
was a pain.  the way it's set up on the speakeasy
website is convoluted but i did get the money back
after 2 months.

i don't mind paying a little extra for the freedom to
do whatever and not have to be tricky.  i haven't
bothered reading all the 'lawyer talk' but did receive
an odd email from speakeasy once my service was up.
it said very clearly, if you use this line to attack
other people's computers we will shut you off.  that
was kind of funny.  i don't do such things nor do i
really know how.  maybe they're having issues at the
moment.

i like the service, no complaints other than i wish it
was cheaper.  i haven't tried their phone service.

- eric c.

believed to be clean.