Weird behavior while building Kernel Objects

On 6/7/07, Kristian Hermansen <kristian.hermansen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On 6/7/07, Vinay Perneti <vinay.perneti-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > I did reboot, I didn't rmmod though, cuz, the kernel object generated is
> > nfs4xdr.ko is not in the /proc/modules list. so when i do rmmod or
> modprobe
> > it gives me a FATAL error saying module does not exist!
>
> Right, so it is built-in, not a module.  OK.
>
> As to why your printk's don't output anything, make sure klogd and
> syslogd are both running.  Also, you can try to set the highest
> possible level for printk output...

Yup both are running.

$ echo 8 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/printk

Tried that.. still nothing :-(

You should ensure that your kernel object was properly modified.
> sha1sum it before and after your changes...

I checked the sum's and they are different before and after.. I just cant
figure out where its getting the source from, cuz i even altered the message
its currently printing and rebuilt it, but it still prints the old message!
Clearly its getting the source from somewhere, but if not for the folder
/lib/modules/kernel-version/debug/fs/nfs which is a soft link to the
/usr/usr/linux which is a soft link to the source where is it getting it
from?

-Vinay

believed to be clean.