I may have been cracked. yippee!

eric c wrote:
> this brings me to my next question, are there any php / perl based cms's
> out there that have some type of automatic update or security alert
> feature?

That's why I use Drupal (drupal.org).  It was the first cms I came across that
actually had a "security announcement" mailing list, which I consider a bare
minimum for software like that (ie public-facing, written in php).
Anecdotally, most of the security bulletins are not for the core system, but
contributed modules.

You can make things easier on yourself if you're comfortable using a cvs
checkout for your site, since many of the security announcements say you can
just 'cvs update' to fix the problem (they pretty much always also offer a patch).

HTH,
Matt

believed to be clean.