Computer refurbishing-- Ubuntu, networking, pppoe

On 6/22/07, Stephen Ronan <sronan-VmQCmMdMyN0AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Do any of you have any advice on how Mr. King and colleagues
> might best proceed? Is there already a set of handout type
> materials that might do the trick. I'd guess that the
> overwhelming number of users would be dealing with Comcast or RCN
> cable Internet service or Verizon DSL. Any advice on this list,
> or in person at South End Technology Center in Boston (around the
> corner from the Back Bay station), would be gratefully
> appreciated.

Two  suggestions:

Broadband setup, should be easy given NetworkManager will take care of
most things for the novice user:
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/broadband-setup-ubuntu-7-04-feisty-92125.html

Get the book for beginners:
http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Ubuntu-Linux-Novice-Professional/dp/1590596277/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product/103-1926843-2585437

There may be some nice HOWTO beginning Ubuntu videos online as well.
I found a few on youtube, but not any professional works...
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.