Internet service and power outages?

On 6/29/07, Grant M. <gmongardi-cGmSLFmkI3Y at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>     3.> The thing that bothers me the most about bundled-FIOS adoption
> is that they physically remove your hard-line phone during the install.
> That means once you go FIOS, there is no going back. I suspect that this
> is to avoid customers reverting during the growing pains of FIOS, likely
> by charging some insane sum of money to replace the old hard-line (if
> they will at all).
> Grant M.
> --
I had Speakeasy DSL installed last Summer over dry copper.  My old
copper remains, unused, and Verizon was delighted to install fresh
copper without too much trouble.

(Indeed, most of my trouble was with the house-electrical installer,
who fled the moment the word "work" came to his mind in looking at my
premises.  Unless the computer was at most in the next room from the
demarc, he wasn't touching it.  "Call an electrician.")

Getting copper back shouldn't be to tough.

MEG

believed to be clean.