Anyone using Wireless-N yet?

On 6/29/07, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> It also depends on many factors. Are your wireless users in the
> building and are they currently connected to a 1Mbps office net, or are
> they communicating with the Internet? Additionally, do they have the
> capability of using in-house wired access, again 100Mbps, 1Gbps, or
> 10Gbps?
>
> Additionally, what are you using as a firewall. The Linksys boxes are
> designed for home or small office use.

My wireless users are in the building when they need wireless access.
They can plug in with a wire to 100Mbps, but they find it easier to just
use the wireless. They use it to access both the local LAN and the
Internet. We have a Cisco PIX firewall for the wired LAN, and the
wireless blocks all connections except for a hand-maintained list
of MAC addresses.

GnuPG KeyID: 0xD5C7B5D9 / Email: abreauj-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
GnuPG FP: 72 FB 39 4F 3C 3B D6 5B E0 C8 5A 6E F1 2C BE 99

believed to be clean.