Install Ubuntu on Windows as an Application

Kristian Hermansen wrote:
> On 7/4/07, Scott Ehrlich <scott-3s7WtUTddSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Now, if a virus/infection takes down Windows, or some web site installs a
>> keyboard-capture program, or something else happens, with Ubuntu
>> installed
>> in a file, as opposed to a dedicated partition, I can't see how a Windows
>> infection would affect the Ubuntu installation, but am wondering if
>> anyone
>> else can?

> Additionally, Windows
> is still receiving the key events before Ubuntu receives them, so you
> won't be protected while browsing a secure web site in Firefox on
> Ubuntu, if you have a keylogger on you Windows host...

?  It boots right into Ubuntu right from the Windows boot menu.  (It's
just that Ubuntu happens to live on the Windows partition, rather than
on its own partition.)  Windows itself never boots, so there's no
possibility of a keylogger running under Windows.

DR

believed to be clean.