high false positive with Gmail

On 7/18/07, Tom Metro <blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> We've talked about Gmail's spam filtering on this list before, so in
> that light I'll mention that I just discovered I'm experiencing a fairly
> high false positive rate.

I've found a very low false-positive rate at Google and low leakage
(false negative) as well, in comparison to Yahoo or Spam-Assassin +
SomethingElse at TheWorld. (All comparisons based on using my
well-advertised n1vux-WYrOkVUspZo at public.gmane.org forwarder massive spam feed plus
whatever else I get for being on lists and things.)

(Yahoo doesn't get more false positives, but gets more false negatives.)

But I clear the  buckets every day or two ... and it learns from what
I say is NOT SPAM. You have have cascaded errors because you didn't
NOT SPAM the first of kind.

Adding the list to your address book helps on Yahoo spam, may on Google.

Only thing I've possibly seen  better is commercial Postini service,
which we use at work - only a couple false positives/negatives for
50-100 postives per month.

--
Bill
n1vux-WYrOkVUspZo at public.gmane.org bill.n1vux-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org