The strangest kernel message I've ever seen

This one is good too.  I saw this many many years ago while building
from source, and it caught my eye.  Most people don't know about it.
apt-get moo is fun too, but someone showed me that and I did not find
it myself...

checking login_cap.h presence... no
checking for login_cap.h... no
checking sys/sockio.h usability... no
checking sys/sockio.h presence... no
checking for sys/sockio.h... no
checking libgen.h usability... yes
checking libgen.h presence... yes
checking for libgen.h... yes
checking for X11/Xdmcp.h... yes
checking for XdmcpFlush in -lXdmcp... yes
checking whether to use TCP wrappers... yes
nm: fromhost.o: no symbols
nm: tli.o: no symbols
nm: myvsyslog.o: no symbols
checking for hosts_ctl in -lwrap... yes
checking whether -lwrap also requires -lnsl... no
checking for corrupt government... yes
checking for XOpenDevice in -lXi... yes
checking X11/extensions/XInput.h usability... yes
checking X11/extensions/XInput.h presence... yes
checking for X11/extensions/XInput.h... yes
checking for XineramaQueryExtension in -lXinerama... yes
checking for X11/extensions/Xinerama.h... yes
checking for Xinerama support on XFree86... yes
checking for X11/extensions/dmxext.h... yes
checking for DMXQueryExtension in -ldmx... yes
checking for zenity... no
checking for Solaris fbconsole... no
checking for Solaris auditing API... no
checking for Solaris di_devperm_login... checking for di_devperm_login
in -ldevinfo... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating daemon/Makefile
config.status: creating gui/Makefile
config.status: creating gui/faces/Makefile
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.