mp3 editor?

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Don Levey wrote:

> John Abreau wrote:
>> I've always used sox, audacity, and lame for this, on Linux.
>>
>> One of the commands in the sox package is "rec", which
>> records the line-in to a WAV file; I record the entire side
>> of the cassette tape with rec, then use audacity to break it
>> into tracks.

>> Once I've saved each track to a separate WAV file, lame
>> does a great job converting them to mp3.
>>

> This, I suspect, is the key.  It's much easier to do this sort of thing in
> WAV format than in MP3.
> -Don

I've found, through other emails, a great winning combination of Audio
Recorder, which I already use, to capture the whole side of a tape or
album.  Then, Audacity to listen to and mark the waveform and have it
extract the highlighted area to mp3 (courtesy of liblame for Mac found
somewhere else).

I've captured a couple of tapes like this already and successfully cut out
each song.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Scott

believed to be clean.