VMWare again

On 8/16/07, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> No the host OS is 64-bit Linux (Ubuntu 7.0.4) with a 32-bit Windows
> guest. I might just try to install 32-bit Ubuntu.

No, I run 64-bit Ubuntu just fine and hear the sound from Windows
32-bit under VMware Server.  Ensure that the user has access to the
sound device (add them to the group).  Ensure that you have connected
the virtual sound device to /dev/dsp or something similar.  Leaving
this as 'AUTO' may or many not work correctly.  Then, retest.  If
that's not it, I am not sure which direction to troubleshoot next,
assuming your sound works fine on the host...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.