Single sign-on help requested

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:33:17 -0400
"Kristian Erik Hermansen" <kristian.hermansen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hehe, sounds like quite a setup!  I don't mean to prod, but if you are
> running RHEL, doesn't this mean you have "Enterprise Support"?
> Everyone talks about this Red Hat support thing.  From experience, I
> did this with a RHEL4 server and Ubuntu LDAP clients.  It wasn't as
> complex as your setup, but it eventually worked, when I figured out
> that the uid/gid are vastly different between the two distros, and
> that this was at the heart of the issue.  If I was more knowledgeable
> at the time, I would have implemented something more similar to your
> environment which provides a "single sign-on" for multiple
> platforms...

Last year we set this up on Test Drive (http://www.testdrive.hp.com).
We had RHEL, SLES, HP-UX, FreeBSD, Debian, Open VMS, Tru64 Unix, and
Windows all running from an Open LDAP system (I think it was SLES). The
only issue with this was Tru64 Linux, but the intern we had working on
this wrote a few scripts. Today, if you log in to any of the test drive
systems you will have the same uid and gid. Unfortunately, I was not
closely involved except to fix a couple of misbehaving Debians. We had
2 virtually identical Debians, one worked fine, and the other would not
authenticate. I don't remember the exact details, but I had to go into
some of the configuration files.=20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9