Another VMWare question

As I mentioned, I installed Windows XP under VMWare and just about
everything works fine. The reason I did this was so my wife could do
permanent brain damage and watch the Big Brother feeds. Unfortunately,
this can only be done under Windows XP. Real Player works fine, but
when I log into the feeds, sometimes it works fine, but other times I
get a dialog box that reports a server disconnect. However I can verify
that the bandwidth measured from the Windows Guest is good, well over
1Mbps. I can also download other content. Sometimes the Big Brother
live feed does work fine.=20
The other night I found that by disabling the Windows firewall seemed
to help, but last night I was not able to get BB running. (The NX6125
has a 802.11G wireless WEP 128 encryption and was in the same room as
the WAP, but I've seen the same thing when the CAT5 cable was attached).
VMWare bridging seems to work fine and I don't have this problem with
the other computer running native XP.=20

Note the OS is Ubuntu 7.04 64-bit running VMWare Server.=20
1 AMD64 CPU 1GB ram. I've got SELinux and IPTables turned off.=20

Last night, when I started RealPlayer for my wife, it connected fine,
but when I change to a different camera feed (there are 4 cameras) I
got the server disconnect, and was not able to connect, even after not
only rebooting Windows, but by shutting down VMWare and re-executing
VMWare. While I could care less about Big Brother, I'd like to try to
trouble shoot this problem just for my own edification if nothing else.=20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9