Re: hdhomerun and vlc for Linux

    Scott> You need to follow all the instructions, in order, for it
    Scott> to work. Grabbing the source alone and compiling with the
    Scott> options shown isn't enough (as I learned over the weekend).
    Scott> But when I followed the steps, top to bottom, in order, it
    Scott> worked.

    Scott> Let us know how things go.

Which steps do you think I didn't follow?  I really have a *lot* of
experience building large, complicated programs.  I used to be the
build expert for CADDS when I worked at Computervision, and I spent
quite a lot of time building lilypond once I started contributing to
open source software.

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to guess about libraries to load
once I'd done "apt-get build-dep vlc", but that turned out to not be
sufficient.  I needed to load a couple of -dev packages to get
includes and libraries that the build turned out to need.

It's also true that I have no idea at all how ffmpeg was compiled, so
the options I copied out of the web page may well be wrong from that
point of view.  Did you compile ffmpeg yourself?

So I'm happy to hear suggestions for something different to do, but I
really think I did what they told me to do.  And no, I haven't done
exhaustive testing, but the first stream I tried to open crashed in
less than a minute without ever showing video or playing sound.

--
Laura (mailto:[hidden email] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 fax: (501) 641-5011

believed to be clean.