From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf
Of Dan Ritter
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:54 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Signatures Was: greping

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 01:27:49PM -0400, John Abreau wrote:
> Unfortunately, I'm stuck with a company policy that requires a common
> signature format that bigger than I like. My signature on my personal
> mail is more reasonable:

Why is anyone, in this day and age, subscribing to and replying to
external mailing lists from their work account?

If you don't have a home account of some sort, Google and Yahoo!
would be happy to provide webmail for free, modulo sending copied to the
NSA for signals analysis.

More-or-less everyone on this list has at least one UNIX-like box hooked
up to the Net. Run SSH and handle work mail separately from personal
mail.

As a bonus, you don't have to resubscribe to your mailing lists when you
change jobs, or your company changes its name or is bought by
Google/MicroSoft/Goldman Sachs.

-dsr-

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.

http://tao.merseine.nu/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by
reference.

believed to be clean.