Re: VLC streaming works

 On 9/19/07, Tom Metro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> File bugs at https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu
>
> Whether it results in changes is another matter. In my experience most
> bugs - or more accurately, enhancement suggestions - filed against
> Debian packages are dismissed by the maintainers. With Ubuntu they seem
> to be a bit more open to outside ideas, but suffer from a worse problem,
> which is permitting packages to progress to a release even while they
> still have critical bugs.

In any physical system, you trade one thing for another.  The equation
always equals out because there ale limited resources.  It's like when
people want lower taxes, better healthcare, and a better salary.
Sure, you could get it, but more than likely you are just going to
shift things around a bit until you have the equation in such a way
that you realize some of those smaller components again later.  You
can't have everything, where would you put it?

> I have a couple of open bugs against Fiesty for critical problems in two
> packages (integrit segfaulting and XFS file system corruption, both
> reproducible), yet the release happened, and the tickets have stagnated.
> 6 months later I've still got a hold on those two packages due to the
> latest Fiesty versions being broken. I've never needed to place a hold
> on a Debian package.

It helps if you get on the Ubuntu Bug Squad, as I did...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.