Re: Comcast flakeout--or was it an upgrade?

 Comcast updated its specs a few years ago. I actually got an SB51xx
cable modem from them free to replace my older SB41xx which was
compliant, but their records showed that I had one of the ancient ones
from back in the Highway1 days.

I also noticed that on Monday the reordered their segment, and I got a
new IP address, first time in at least 5 years. The one I had went back
to attbi days. I currently use an ARIS cable modem that has the
built-in phone system. I couldn't resist saving over $40/mo on my phone
bills. Since I switched to Comcast phone I have had only one minor
problem that corrected itself in a short period of time.

In my experience over the past 14 years with cable, I've had relatively
few problems overall with service deteriorating with attbi and vastly
improving with Comcast. I do not recall a single Internet outage after
Comcast's first year. With attbi we had occasional node failures that
took hours to fix.