Re: Flash drive recovery

 Kristian, we all know what happened with your last data recovery
experiment... :p

Samuel, if there ever is a chance that you are able to power on your memory
stick, or "transplant" it somehow, before mounting (which may write, and in
turn, do irreparable damage to the filesystem on it) try using TestDisk,
PhotoRec, or some other "read-only" filesystem recovery tool.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

The link is to the site for TestDisk, but I used PhotoRec (its on the same
site) to recover pictures from my girlfriend's CompactFlash card. We tried
to access her data using the camera as a reader but only allowed PTP access
(read: not block-level access). Anyways... to make a long story short,
PhotoRec made it easy for me. I went to Radio Shack, bought a 6 dollar
multi-card reader, plugged it into her PPC OS X Tiger machine, ran PhotoRec,
and in just a few minutes was able to recover all the pictures she had
accidentally formatted away.

Food for thought...