dump/restore vs Legato Networker

 I have a handful of Win XP workstations and a RHEL5 Server acting as a
domain controller and central user file server for user's files.

There are many options for backing up the data on the server, but of all
available options, a few people at work swear by dump/restore, which is
native, where legato costs money.   I'm also perfectly happy using Win
XP's native backup utility.

I know I've visited this before, but for most reliability, and some cost
factors, and considering I'm only looking at one Linux server and a
handful of Windows workstations, and a tape backup unit that will be
physically connected to the server via a SCSI card, dump/restore or
Legato, and why for either case?

Thanks.

Scott

believed to be clean.