RE: Free Media in the Digital Age

 > Hello
>
> I've been trying to compile a list of possible orginations
> and companies
> involved with Free SOftware and Multi-media

Maybe I missed them in this thread, but what about tools like Audacity and
Jack?  For that matter, most of the multimedia apps bundled in the Ubuntu
Studio distro probably deserve a look.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
http://jackaudio.org/
http://ubuntustudio.org/ and package list at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/PackageList

Also, I was at Podcamp Boston 2 a week ago- as you might expect the crowd
was heavily Mac users, but I was appalled by the lack of awareness of Open
Source and the almost dismissive attitude towards free (and Free) packages
such as Audacity.  These folks all "get" Creative Commons licenses, DRM
problems and such- but seem to miss the idea of Open Source.

I would like to chat with anyone working with Open Source audio apps so that
I can learn and then help spread the word.

Jack Daniel

believed to be clean.