Re: Broken VMWare sserver on Ubuntu

 On 11/8/07, Jack Daniel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just a heads up- some recent update(s) has broken VMWare Server on a couple
> of my Gutsy machines.  Both were Feisty, VMWare Server pulled from
> commercial repos, updated to Gutsy and everything worked fine.  This week I
> can't start any VMs.  I haven't really had time to dig into it yet, but a
> quick Google shows several folks in the same situation-
> So if you rely on VMWare Server on your Ubuntu boxes, you may want to be
> careful with updates until this gets sorted out.

If you are running virtual machines on Linux, you should be updating
your kernel (and other large dependencies) only for security reasons,
especially if you are using it to support actual servers running
within VMware.  If it is just a home system, then make sure you don't
have backports/proposed repositories enabled...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.