Open Office vs. Excel - dates (corrected)

 The correction is that cell A1 is a constant.

I have a spreadsheet maintained by someone on Windows. The sheet must
calculation a difference in years between 2 dates.
Example (OpenOffice):
A1 = 06/04/2002
B1 = 07/04/2007
B2 = =DATE(YEAR(B2); MONTH(B2) + 1; DAY(B2))
        Replicated down through B69
C2 = =YEARS($A$1;$B2;0)
        Replicated down through C69

In Excel, the formula in C2 (and following) is:
C2 = =DATEDIF($A$1;$B2;"y")

The problem is that OOo does not recognize the DATEDIF function and
Excel does not recognize the YEARS function. Both work well, but in my
work environment, the spreadsheed is maintained on someone else's
Windows laptop, but my work environment is Linux on a corporate server
(RHEL 4). I don't want to install MS office and Crossover office on
these servers.  Since I'm only dealing with 3 instances on a fairly
complex spreadsheet, I can live with making the changes whenever the
spread sheet is changed, but I would like to find a function common to
both.

--
Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group