Re: keyboard suggestions?

 On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 10:57:22AM -0500, Stephen Adler wrote:
> I've spent several K on upgrading my computer system with the water
> cooling etc. But I spend most of my type typing and feeling my fingers
> getting tried as the key's sorta stick etc. I should spend some time on
> a decent keyboard. Using the newegg trick, I pulled up the following page...
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&SubCategory=63&N=2000290063

We have a bunch of Saitek keyboards at work.  They light up which is nice if
you like working in the dark.  I don't like them.  The keys are mushy.

In fact, the only keyboards I really like are IBM Model M's.  I'm a
buckling-spring keyswitch snob.

Since the feel of the keys is the biggest factor to a keyboard purchase, I'm
not sure how you could buy an unknown one online and have any confidence that
you'd like it.  I'd suggest hitting Microcenter or Best Buy and checking them
out in person.

-ben

--
success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.
                                              <sir winston churchill>

believed to be clean.