Re: reply-to header

 Matthew Gillen wrote:
> There's been copious discussion about this in the past (since certain popular
> mail clients like Thunderbird have no such option), and I don't really want to
> get into it again, I just wanted to head off another round of it.

I'm always in favor of the message recipient having control over who
gets the reply (and thus I'm in favor of the way the list currently
works), but if you want to automate the process in Thunderbird, I
recommend using the "Folder Account":

which not only lets you specify an identity to use automatically when
you have a particular folder selected, it also permits specifying a cc
address for replies, which can be set to the list. This ends up being
less intrusive than a forcefully set Reply-To header, as you simply
delete the cc to send a private reply.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro