Awesome linux desktops

 I have been using Kubuntu linux for a while now, and I have to say, my
desktop is pretty cool these days. My wife and son have macs, and while I
have a little mac-envy, I like Linux better because of all the really cool
things you can do.

I'm an old time UNIX guy forced into Windows in the 80s, and reluctantly
started using Linux in '94 and went cold turkey to full Linux (from
Windows NT) in 1996.

I guess FreeBSD could do the exact same things that Linux does, so I guess
I'm more raving about the advances in GUI subsystems like KDE.

Here is my desktop:
http://www.mohawksoft.com/screenshot.jpg

The bottom icon panel is "kooldock," I have the "kicker" placed at the top
of the screen, and my desktop spreads across two 19" 1280x1024 LCD
monitors.

I have to say, even though Linux has been a capable desktop environment
for a long time, this is the first time I really feel that from a GUI/ease
of use perspective, Linux  is no longer lacking.

What do you guys think? I'd love to custom configure a Linux box and sit
it next to a Mac and a Windows system, and have people try the three and
see which they like best.

believed to be clean.