Re: Organizing books and papers

 Mark Hertel wrote to  Doug  and BLU Discuss list on Sat, 1 Dec 2007 at
2:12 pm

http://www.readerware.com

>  For the actual shelving I do alphabetized within each genre
>  (fiction, computers, programming languages).

Like Mark, for books  I tend to alphabetized within each genre,
with a few exceptions where I arrange the books from "beginner
to advanced" like you would take if they were courses at a
trade school or University.

I have always felt the Dewey decimal system was invented by Librians
so ordinary people couldn't find the books they wanted
without the help of a librian.  (It's to ensure their job security).

When I do research in a library I often find "where the bulk
of the books I want" are shelved and then just roam the shelves ...

That is if I go to the library and don't do a computer search from home.

HTH

More new features than ever.  Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! -
http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aimcmp00050000000001

believed to be clean.