The Linux desktop challenge

 My wife and I have a friend who has an old Dell system. It has a crappy
hard disk and an old version of XP.

Recently I mentioned that I found a Dell system on the side of the street,
and it turns out to be newer and better than her current system. Outfitted
with a 250G hard disk and a Gig of RAM, it would make a pretty good
upgrade to her system.

I asked her if she'd like to be my Guinna pig and test drive Linux. If it
doesn't work, we can put back her old system, or try to put XP on the new
system. She said sure. (She kind of digs my Linux home entertainment
system in the living room.)

So, here's what I plan to do:

Install Kubuntu Linux.
Install the latest "kooldock."
Of course, install all the basics, OpenOffice, firefox, MP3 support, dvd
support, etc.

I expect to deliver the system next saturday, so I have some time to
configure it.

Anyone have any suggestions on programs to install or configuration options?

believed to be clean.