Re: What to do with a RAM-heavy desktop?

 Grant M. wrote:
> Actually, Windows is actually more stable on a VMWare server, as most
> of the hardware is virtualized, therefore you don't have quite so many
> problems with drivers crashing the system. Quite often what I've found
> is that anything underlying the filesystem (storage array drivers,
> RAID software) that gets the hiccups will nearly instantly bluescreen
> a Windows box.

Interesting.  Makes sense: MS Windows users have the advantage of more
hardware that has driver support, and the backside is more drivers of
unknown quality breaking your machine.  And idealized machine won't have
extra drivers--and won't know how to talk to

On the raid subject, one could do raid in Linux and what looks like a
simple single disk to the VM.  MS Windows won't know there is any raid
to crash over.

-kb, the Kent who has found Linux SW raid to be quite reliable.

believed to be clean.