Re: Favorite way to ban an IP from your webserver?

 Wow, very cool answers all.  That gives me plenty of options to fiddle with.

One more question.  I see on Fedora's Firewall Configuration tool, "Use
custom rules files to add additional rules to the firewall.  The rules
get added after the default rules.  The files must have the iptables -
save format."

What's the "iptables - save format"?

BTW, I'm thinking drop obvious jerks via firewall and those merely
suspected of treachery mod_rewrite to a page explaining their suspension.

Thanks.
Eric C.

believed to be clean.