nms-formmail and security

 By default, I became the network admin at work.  Our website is really
outdated, so I decided to edit it.  The original is written in ColdFusion.
I used wget to download the web site from the host company and convert it to
HTML with local links.  wget works great.  The final thing that I  did was
to transfer form data to my network mail server to mail it to the
recipient.  I used nms-formmail as a cgi script to send the form to the mail
server.  Is nms-formmail secure?  Are there better ways to transfer the form
data to my mail server that are more secure and easy to implement?
Jay

believed to be clean.