pulse-audio in F8

 I removed it after discovering that audio was not working
consistently, and now sound works as usual. My assumption
from reading posts on the forums is that the software was
developed with root access and the user space permissions
were not worked out across the devices managed. Does someone
have a different experience with it? There was never any
tool in the menus identified as Pulse-Audio, though that
could be because I upgraded from Fc6 and the user tools were
not installed. Does it work on top of alsa or does it
replace it.

Jim K-R

believed to be clean.