Re: task and port number?

 Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> On a Linux system, if a program claims that a port is in use (say I want
> to install a web server on port 80, but the web server claims port 80 is
> already in use, and a ps auwx doesn't show/claim a web server is
> running), is there a program that can tell me what application is using
> the port?

Another thing that you should check is if the web server you are trying
to run has to appropriate perms to use port 80.  On Unixy OS's, you
usually need root power to listen to ports below 1024.

Yeah, usually this is handled automagically by Apache and others, but
you never know when some bit somewhere will stymy you.

Hunter

believed to be clean.