Re: DSL provider on the south shore

 Cole Tuininga wrote:
> So I'm wondering - does anybody have experience with (not dialup)
> service providers down that way who have half a clue ...

I was going to suggest Covad, but they don't seem to offer residential
plans. Their ADSL business plans start at about $60.

In my bookmarks I have:
http://www.cyberonic.com/int_for_home_dsl.shtml

which is a national ADSL provider (probably a reseller) with plans
starting at about $20 for residential. For system requirements they
list: Compatible DSL modem, TCP/IP Networking. But no mention of Linux
on their support pages.

It might also be worth checking with MV:
http://www.mv.com/mv/enh/ras/dsl.shtml

they've got a good reputation and are Linux friendly, but only list
coverage in NH, however I seem to recall that they were planning to
branch out to MA. If they're just reselling Covad or some other DSL
provider's service, they might be able to accommodate. Residential plans
start at $25. (You have to buy your own DSL modem.)

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA