Has anyone asked Comcast to stop blocking inbound ports?

 I have a question that's tangental to the "DSL on the South Shore?" thread.

I'm very mad right now. I have Comcast at home (Belmont, MA) and I just
spent half an hour trying to setup a tunnel from home to my office computer
I'm on at the moment, so my brother at his house could connect his vncserver
to my listening vncviewer.

Turns out that Comcast is blocking port 5500... and 5501... and EVERY port I
tried except for SSH and HTTPS! I don't know when they made this change, and
I never noticed because I only ever used SSH and HTTPS for inbound
connections most of the time, blocking all others at my personal firewall.
(I know what I'm doing and I can prove several different ways that they're
blocking all the ports I tried.)

Has anyone tried to solve this problem? Specifically, has anyone
successfully talked to Comcast tech support, found someone who understood
their complaint, and got their ports unblocked? I haven't tried calling them
yet because I know talking to them would just make me a lot angrier right
now.

Who else is in my situation, with Comcast blocking most inbound ports? Can
anyone list any other ports that are whitelisted besides 22 and 443?

I'm seriously thinking of switching to Speakeasy for $18 more than what I'm
paying now (and I think I can do without the 20 or so non-OTA Comcast TV
channels I get with Comcast Internet.)

Thanks for any help and/or consolation you all can provide.

Brendan Kidwell

believed to be clean.