Re: DSL provider on the south shore -->Verizon

 On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:05:35 -0500, Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Both Verizon and Comcast are large companies, and their support tends to
> be dependent upon who you speak to.

Fwiw,

My pair to the CO started crackling at extremely unpredictable times and
with all sorts of severity; it could totally kill DSL. Verizon handled it
well, and after it looked too costly to locate + fix the trouble (no
TDR?), they gave me a different pair; been fine, since. Couple of truck
rolls, iirc.

<chat>
I think it was a Speakeasy tech support fellow who said that fiber is
strong in the Eastern US because old copper pairs are becoming expensive
to maintain. Interesting slant re FiOS, there.
</kitty>

--
Nicholas Bodley
Waltham, Mass.