Re: mysql backup quesiton

 dear steve,

i think mysqldump is the best option here because you don't need
redundant server running at the same time. Most of the time,
ascii dump is sufficient as a snapshot. Unless you need to have
an exact mirror database server, then you might want to consider
rsync or even replication (I never try this one on mysql).

It reminds me to my project on mayoral election database back home
there. I managed a mysql server and scheduled hourly mysqldump.
It worked like charm.

thx,
-bas