Re: scp and packet loss

 On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 08:35:48 -0500
Grant M <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FYI - anyone who thinks that they have a mismatched duplex problem
> should be able to easily tell by checking either the switch or netstat.
> netstat -ian will show you any errors, both transmit and receive. There
> should also be similar information on the switch.

This is true (assuming there is access to the switch). In my case, it
was an interesting combinations of bugs, both in the switch as well as
in Tru64 Unix. On occasion the switch would become wedged and would
have to be rebooted. We set up the port on the switch to not
autonegotiate, and did the same on the Alpha. I don't recall if we were
able to use full duplex.

Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846