Re: port blocking fun

 Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> Yeah, port blocking sucks dude :-(  If you have a shell somewhere
> else, you should be using that!  My San Francisco Linux buddy Asheeh
> does this...
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/487

Having a bunch of machines distributed on different networks that I had
administrative access to was so much easier in college...

Getting outgoing mail working again was something they actually helped me
with.  It involved changing my smarthost configuration to use 587, plus add
authentication.

Using a tunnel like your friend describes to get around the inbound block
would have been interesting.  I'd need to change (or just add lower
priority) mx records to point to the tunnel box, then have a tunnel from the
relay box to my (blocked) real server.  I think the might work...
thankfully I don't need to find out.  :-)

Matt

believed to be clean.