Re: Web site script

 On 1/10/08, James Kramer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I need a simple and nice web site for personal use.

I love DokuWiki, and I shamelessly promote it whenever I get a chance.

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki

I've used it for personal notebooks, composing documentation, and building
my public web site (www.glump.net).

DokuWiki is built on PHP with very few external requirements. All live data
is stored in text files, and old versions are gzipped diffs. An indexer
passively keeps an index in a binary file, but other than that it is all
text and no mysql or other database engine. So it's really easy to hack,
script, and port your content!

The little bits of the code that I've looked are are pretty clean, and it's
relatively easy to write plugins. (Many plugins have been written.) The only
real complaint I have is that the default page design template sucks, and
there aren't any really stellar third party templates available. I never got
around to fixing that problem for myself.

Brendan Kidwell

(James, sorry for the extra copy. My first try on this message I
accidentally sent only to you. Oops.)

believed to be clean.