Re: truth in advertising for ISPs

 On Jan 19, 2008 12:26 PM, Tom Metro <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
> Sure, like a standardized nutrition label for ISPs.

I'm reminded of the idiot "Andy Moes" from one of the local radio
stations who sued the MBTA to remove the label "rapid" in rapid
transit from their advertisements and signs "because they're not
rapid". Yea, I know he won but I still think he's a jerk. :)

Sorry, I digressed there.....

I'm reminded of this situation because if we did pursue the argument
that comcast isn't an "ISP" they could beat the rap by changing their
designation to "IAP" (Internet Access Provider) which would derail any
attempts we could make in beating their random acts of rule making.

I'd still like to be able to "choose" who I plug into from home but I
don't have any choices. (Without remortgaging the house.)

believed to be clean.