Re: Time Machine appears to rock

 Hello Kristian:

> you take all your important files and force a multitude of online resources to cache
> them for you :-)  You never need to backup, because all your data is
> out there somewhere...heh

I try to do this now for email (gmail), photos (picasa), and
programming work (sourceforge).  Those are single points of corporate
failure (I hopefully can figure out how to download gmail, and do have
local copies of the programming stuff).    Yet the computers I use are
local - I have to type away at ones within reach.  I found that the
74gig hard drive on the Mac was too small to deal with media, mp3's
and my physics videos.  I decided to drop in a 7200rpm 200gig hard
disk and put in 2gig RAM.  I found great directions on the web for
both breaking open the box and for using Time Machine to bring back my
computer to its former self.  That process took a good number of hours
with 70gigs over a  USB connection, but with the new hard disk, the
laptop was _exactly_ as it was before.  That was cool.

Back up locally, back up globally.
doug

believed to be clean.