Re: When will Verizon FIOS be coming to [YOUR TOWN NAME HERE]?

 On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Ben Holland wrote:

> Somerville is out because they don't think there will be enough people who
> can spend that kinda money to get it. Cambridge has it as a test. It's
> wicked expensive to set up because you basically need to put in all new
> infrastructure. If you can't it out of the towns, or they don't think enough
> people are willing enough to spend the extra cash to get it, they will not
> stick it in. Any idea about how the copper cutting lawsuit is going? I heard
> about that over the summer and I am not sure what congress did about it, if
> anything. ~Ben

I'd heard, somewhere, that Verizon was putting a hold in repeating the
individual community process until the state passes legislation to
override community efforts, making it easier for Verizon to push into
communities through a centralized state effort.

This is also why tv ads have been seen, at least in the recent past,
urging the community to keep tv decisions local.  Local, here, means the
cable companies continue their locking in of communities, blocking
Verizon's attempts.  If changes make it to state approval, things could
potentially change more favorably for Verizon.

I'm a Comcast customer and have had no problems for most of my 8 years
with them, except, of course, for rate increases :-)

Scott

believed to be clean.