Re: When will Verizon FIOS be coming to [YOUR TOWN NAME HERE]?

 Ben Eisenbraun wrote:
>> Hmmm? I believe there has been talk before about Vz cherry-picking the
>> wealthiest communities for rollouts first, with less affluent towns following
>> (much) later if at all. They always deny doing that of course.

Yeah, that's not a very accurate rumor. I live in Rockland, and we're
one of the first communities on the south shore that had FIOS. Rockland
is by no means an affluent community, compared to towns like Cohasset,
Hingham, Scituate, Duxbury, and others. There are also very large
communities like Plymouth, which I am sure would kill to have it, but
it's still not there yet either. I suspect that this is more a
growing-pains thing than anything else - from what I've heard there is a
fairly decent demand for it in the communities that it's in, and they
are still running into issues that need to be addressed, so they are
focusing their efforts on stabilizing the existing base before moving on.
Grant M.
--
Grant Mongardi
Senior Systems Engineer